Grinding biomass into a fine powder for downstream analysis is a key need for research institutes and universities investigating plant physiology. Labman have developed solutions to handle different workflows and plant samples. The Cryogenic Biomass Grinder and Dispenser was jointly developed with the Max Planck Institute in Berlin. They approached Labman for a solution to grinding and dispensing plant sample at -70 °C, to ensure that the plant bio-chemistry remains unchanged. The system was installed in 2007 and since then Labman have installed numerous other grinding systems around the world including room temperature grinders and fully integrated metabolite extraction systems.
Grinding & Dispensing
• Automatic ball mill grinding
• Automatic powder dispensing with precision up to +/-0.0005g
• 2mg – 100mg target weight
• 2ml or 20ml input samples
• 0.9ml, 1.4ml, 2ml or 20ml output vials.
• High throughput process, able to process in excess 300 samples per day.
• Definable mapping of input samples to output positions